I swear I don't mean to keep disappearing. Damn life keeps getting in the way. Need to do something about that.
However! My absence has yielded a few results, the ones I care to mention being:
- I've watched the entire first season of Skins
(someone please tell me why there are NO good icons from this show ANYWHERE. I desperately need icons of a few key moments.) I really kind of love the show overall (um, canon slash? I am always easily swayed by such things) but ok, this is going to sound really dumb, but I always get kind of a claustrophobic feeling when I watch British shows. Am I the only one? It's not ALL British shows, but most of them. I don't know if it's the way they're filmed or if the houses/buildings there are actually that cramped, but I always feel like everything is too small. So, it's my own weirdness contributing to me not loving the show as much as I could.
- My brother talked me into watching the whole first season of Psych
. Well, he talked me into watching the first few episodes, and then he got tired and went to bed and I stayed up until eight in the morning finishing the season. >.> Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who likes Gus more than Shawn? Not that I dislike Shawn, but I sort of want a Gus all to myself. Especially if he wore the band uniform all the time. :D I have talked myself out of writing Shawn/Gus and Lassiter/Shawn several times over the past week. I might only be talking myself out of the Lassiter/Shawn because I can't stop thinking of Lassiter as that crazy Irish leprechaun from The Luck of the Irish
. What? That was an awesome movie, hokai, I don't care if it was a Disney Channel original or not. Plus Ryan Merriman is hot. I still have that movie on a VHS tape somewhere.
- I started watching Meadowlands
. CREEPTASTIC. Seriously. Shannon, I know you're watching this. WRITE ME FIC. (I know I have no right to ask that considering I still haven't read the Hamiltons fic, but um, still. I know out of everyone you would kick ass at writing fic for this.)
- I watched some new movies, which is a rarity. Mr. Brooks
(lame but watchable if only for the surprise that was Dane Cook playing a creepy guy with untamed facial hair), Premonition
(lame but watchable because Sandra Bullock has been my older woman crush since Speed
) and Perfect Stranger
(totally lame but watchable if only for Nicki Aycox and Giovanni Ribisi, who surprises me every single time with how hot he really is.)
- I cleaned out my storage unit, which was packed full of everything I couldn't fit in here when I broke up with Allen and moved out of the house. Lots of furniture, but so much miscellaneous crap you wouldn't believe it. The best part? Was probably when I was digging through some bags of stuffed animals, figuring out which ones I wanted to keep and which ones I wanted to donate, and finding a little furry mouse that I didn't remember having, and then realizing that it was actually a DEAD MOUSE. And then finding another one. Of all the bags they could have curled up and died in. GOOD JOKE, MICE.
- I discovered that the owner of the Chinese place in town stalks my sister. Allen and I went there to eat the other day, and the guy was walking by our table, stops dead in his tracks, and comes back to say, "Your sister was just in here." And I'm like, "..." because really, I don't know this guy, like at all, and he doesn't know me, so WTF? And I'm like, "Um. Yeah, she comes in here a lot." He said she was with a friend, and I said she comes in with my brother sometimes, and the whole time I'm just thinking WTFWTFWTFWTF, because there's really no way he should be able to link us, even if he knows her name, because Allen and I always pay in cash, and I've never even had a conversation with this guy, and WTF. And THEN he goes, "You live in Maple Heights, right?" Which is our neighborhood, and I'm just like, "...yes." *concentrates intently on chicken fried rice and hopes he goes away* It worked. Allen says Ashley and I look enough alike that we could be identified as sisters, but still. Like, uh, there are probably lots of people in town that look enough like us that they could be our sisters. IT WAS V. V. WEIRD. My brother told me later that the guy is always hovering around her when she goes in to eat and staring at her chest. Nice.
- Saw the fireworks, got hit by falling debris. Good times.
- Went swimming/laying out in the sun, and did not burn. I did re-apply the sunscreen every ten minutes, I kid you not, but it is the first time I didn't burn in like, two years. So. Paranoia works.
- Made fake Facebook accounts for Robert Loggia and Chuck Norris (whose real name, I found out, is Carlos Ray Norris. Who knew?) They are friends with my brother and sister's fake Craig T. Nelson and Bob Saget, and my cousin's account for Jamie Hyneman's Mustache. You guys, I know me having a Facebook account wasn't all that much of a lure for you to get one, but really, if you're bored and need something to keep you occupied, get an account and friend these accounts. They are v. v. fun, I promise. Robert Loggia has an obsession with toast and insists that he played the dinosaur in A Night At the Museum
. He is a crazy old coot.
- Oh my gosh this is getting long.
- I missed a few birthdays while I was away, boo! Happy belated birthdays to maechi
, and rhombal
! You are all fantastic and I am glad to have every single one of you on my flist. I hope you all had fabulous birthdays, and if there's anything I can do for you, let me know! I'm currently backlogged on fics I owe, but I would absolutely add you to the list if you want. ♥
- And a very happy birthday today to whirligigged
, who is wonderful and lovely and talented and amazing, and I love her to pieces! ♥
- I think I had more, but this'll do for now. I missed you guys. *squishes all around*